Posts for tag: Toothache
How your dentist in Manhattan, KS, can relieve your tooth pain
Root canals can save your smile and alleviate chronic tooth pain! Thanks to root canal therapy, your tooth pain will disappear, you can keep your tooth, and your smile will look better than ever. Dr. David Craft at Craft Dentistry in Manhattan, Kansas offers state-of-the-art root canal therapy to make you want to smile again—read on to learn more!
More about Root Canals
So, how do you know if you may need root canal therapy? There are some noticeable signs and symptoms which you can recognize, including:
- Continuous tooth pain even after dental treatment
- Chronic throbbing, pressure, or tooth pain
- Sharp, stabbing pain in your tooth when you bite down
- Tooth pain when you consume hot or cold foods and beverages
- A red or white bump appearing on your gums next to a tooth root
- Blood or pus draining from the elevated bump
- Darkening of a tooth's complexion
It’s important to remember that you may also not experience any of the signs or symptoms listed above, and may still need a root canal. That’s because a tooth can begin to die naturally, and for no apparent cause.
Regular dental examinations including x-rays are the only way to determine for sure whether you may need a root canal. Your dentist will take x-rays of the roots of your teeth and look for dark areas around a tooth root. These dark areas indicate an abscess (infection) and the need for a root canal. Your dentist may also perform temperature and vitality tests on your painful tooth.
Concerned? Give Us a Call!
If you think you may need a root canal, you should talk to an expert! Call Dr. David Craft at Craft Dentistry in Manhattan, Kansas, today at (785) 370-4662 to get rid of your tooth pain!